Hills of Sri Lanka
If you’ve got a few days to kill and want to escape the urban chaos that is Colombo and its immediate suburbs, we’ve got the perfect getaway for you: A three-day trip to Kandy, the hill capital of Sri Lanka and the last kingdom of Ceylon – a bastion of culture and tradition with a cool climate to boot.
|Day 1 & 2||Kandy||Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
Giramaga Tea Estate
Temple of the Tooth
Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
|Day 3||Transfer to the Airport|
What is included:
- Accommodation at 3 star and 3 star equivalent hotels on double sharing basis
- 2 breakfast meals
- All transfers in a chauffeur-driven car
- Local government taxes applicable
What is not included:
- Meals not stated above
- Air fare
- Entrance and activity fees
- Guide Fees
- Tips and gratitudes
- Visa fees
- Airport taxes
- Any special supplements
- Camera and video permits at cultural sites.
- Hotels are subject to availability and the prices will vary according to availability. Therefore price is subject to change
- If the tour exceeds the given Km limits, every additional Km will be charged at Rs.45 per km
- All reservations are subject to standard check-in of 14 hrs and check-out time of 12hrs
- Rates mentioned are subject to change/revision based on any changes made by hotels and the government
- Management will not be responsible for any belongings that are lost or stolen or damaged during the tour
Cancelation and Payment Policy
- Cancellations within 01 to 08 days of the arrival date – 100% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations within 9 to 15 days of the arrival date – 50% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations within 16 to 28 days of the arrival date – 25% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations beyond 28 days of the arrival date – Fee of USD 50 will be withheld for the work carried out
- 25% payment to be made upon confirmation and the balance to be paid 10 working days prior to arrival
Day 1: Kandy
Get up close and personal with the gentle giants at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, the largest sanctuary for abandoned elephants in South-East Asia. Observe the daily routine of these majestic creatures as they are fed and cared for by experienced mahouts. Schedule your visit to coincide with the elephants’ bathing and feeding times and you and your family are guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience that you can cherish forever. (And yes, your kids are allowed to pet them).
If you leave Colombo at 6.30am, you can make it to Pinnawala by 8.30am. Bottle feeding time: 9.15am/13.15 /17. Bath time – 10/14.Breakfast will be served at a location near Pinnawala.
Before making your way to Kandy City from Pinnawala, you will visit the Giragama Tea Plantation and then check out the the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, home to over 4000 species of exotic flora from various parts of the world and a true feast for the senses. The lush greenery provides a great backdrop for all your family photos and selfies.
And then, off to Kandy we go. Sitting on a plateau 500 metres above sea level, Kandy is, in essence, the heart and soul of the island.
Check in to the hotel, and wind down for the rest of the day.
Day 2: Kandy
You will be taken on a city tour after breakfast – an excursion that will include a stroll around the world famous Kandy Lake. If you want to buy original, authentic Sri Lankan handicrafts and souvenirs, Kandy is the place to be. On Day 2, you can shop in and around the city premises to your heart’s content.
After lunch, take a boat ride on the lake to give your evening that extra bit of serenity. The day will end with a magnificent traditional dance show at 5pm.
Day 3: Departure
Quick breakfast at the hotel, and we set off straight to the airport.
How to obtain Visa