Trip to Sigiriya & DambullaEnquire about Trip to Sigiriya & Dambulla
Cost pp (Car – maximum 3 adults) – USD 92
Cost pp (Van – maximum 6 adults) – USD 102
Sigiriya, the legendary rock fortress located in the North Central Province of Sri Lanka, has to be seen to be believed. The trip is an experience that would take you to a great historical landmark that is a wonder to behold. Recommended even for travelers having limited time to take in the sights of Sri Lanka.
The trip includes visits to The Sigiriya Lion’s Rock Fortress and Dambulla Cave temple which consists of 5 caves with marvelous paintings and statues.
Places you will visit
- Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Dambulla Cave temple
Sigiriya Rock Fortress-
This is one of the most visited UNESCO World Heritage sites in the island. The fortress is renowned for its frescos and the ruins found along its extensive network of gardens and reservoirs.
The Dambulla Cave temple
Dambulla Cave temple is also another UNESCO Heritage site is renowned for its murals and Buddhist statues. This is situated 20km away from the Sigiriya Rock.
Itinerary for the day
- Pick up from Colombo at 6.00am and drive to Sigiriya (approximately 4.5 hours)
- Reach Sigiriya and Climb the Lions Rock
Opening hours: 6.30am – 5.00pm
- Have lunch at a preferred restaurant which is close to Sigiriya.
- After Lunch, drive to Dambulla (approximately 45 minutes) and visit the
Dambulla Cave Temple
Opening hours: 7.00am – 7.00pm
- Drive back to Colombo (5 hours approximately) and on the way make a stop for a cup of tea.
What is included
- English speaking driver/chauffeur
- Air conditioned vehicle with fuel
- Parking and highway charges
- Local taxes applicable
What is not included
- Meals /Refreshments
- Entrance Tickets /Activity tickets / Guide fee
- Tips and gratuity
- Camera and video permits at cultural sites