Trip to Pinnawala & KandyEnquire about Trip to Pinnawala & Kandy
Cost pp (Car – maximum 3 adults) – USD 81
Cost pp (Van – maximum 6 adults) – USD 86
A day-trip to Kandy, the hill capital of Sri Lanka and the last kingdom of Ceylon – a bastion of culture and tradition with a cool climate to boot.
The trip includes visits to Pinnawala Elephant orphanage, the world famous Temple of the Tooth, home to the single most venerated relic in the Buddhist world, Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden and a walk around the city.
Places you visit
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden
- Kandy City
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
which is located in Rambukkana (Kegalle district) was established in 1975 by the wildlife department. It cares for more than 70 elephants. It’s great if you could visit them during their bathing and feeding times as you could take part in feeding.
Temple of the Tooth
known as the Dalada Maligawa, is one of the most sacred places of worship for Buddhists the world over. It is believed that a tooth of the Buddha lies there, and annually hundreds of thousands of Buddhist pilgrims visit Kandy to pay homage to this tooth relic. You could hire a guide to show you around and give a guided tour or explore this temple on your own. Please wear appropriate clothes to the temple (i.e. clothes with sleeves and covering your legs). You could leave your shoes at the counter which is at the entrance of the temple building.
Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden
was developed over the site of the older Royal Gardens made for the queens of Kandy, and to this day it retains its regal air. The elegant, immaculately kept lawns hold over 4000 species of plants, both local and foreign.
Itinerary for the day
- Pick up from Colombo at 6.00am and drive to Pinnawala (approximately 3 hours)
Reach Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and spend time at the orphanage
Milk Feeding (Daily): 9.15am – 9.45am / 1.15pm – 1.45pm
Fruit Feeding (Daily): 9.00am – 9.45am / 12noon – 1.45pm
Bathing at River (Daily): 10.00am – 12noon / 2.00pm – 4.00pm
- Drive to Kandy (approximately 1 hour) and have lunch at a preferred restaurant.
- After Lunch, visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic (Dalada Maligawa
Opening hours: 5.30am – 8.00pm
- Visit the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens
Opening hours : 8.00am – 6.00pm
- Drive back to Colombo (3 hours approximately) and on the way make a stop for a cup of tea.
What is included
- English speaking driver/chauffeur
- Air conditioned vehicle with fuel
- Parking and highway charges
- Local taxes applicable
What is notincluded
- Meals /Refreshments
- Entrance Tickets /Activity tickets / Guide fee