Day Trip to Yapahuwa
Yapahuwa, a site that should not be missed is a massive rock fortress built around a huge granite rock rising just about 100m from the neighboring lowlands.
According to ancient chronicles with the death of King Vijayabahu IV and the possibility of another assail from King Chandra Bhanu his successor King Buwanekabahu I shifted the Capital from Dambadeniya to Yapahuwa in 1272 AD for it appeared to be a safer place to house the sacred tooth relic.
But unfortunately the sovereignty of the Kingdom collapses within a short period of time with a Pandyan Invasion and the death of King Buwanekabhu I in 1284 AD.
5.30am – Leave Colombo and arrive at Yapahuwa
Visit Munneswaram Temple on the way to yapahuwa
Visit the fortress and the surrounding
Head back to Colombo in the afternoon
What is included
- Transportation by air-conditioned chauffeur driven vehicle
- Local government taxes applicable
- Entrance Tickets
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Tea)
What is not included
- Tips and gratuity
- Camera and video permits at cultural sites
- Expenses of personal nature
- Rates mentioned are subject to change/revision based on any changes made by the government.
- Management will not be responsible for any belongings that are lost or stolen or damaged during the tour.
Cancellation and Payment Policy
- Cancellations within 01 to 05 days of the trip date – 100% of the value of the booking
- 25% payment to be made upon confirmation and the balance to be paid 3 working days prior to trip date