Day Trip to Kandy
A day-trip to Kandy, the hill capital of Sri Lanka and the last kingdom of Ceylon – a bastion of culture and tradition with a cool climate to boot.
Price USD 56 pp (This experience requires a maximum of 7 pax)
20% discount for children below 12
What is included –
- Guided tours to Pinnawala, Temple of the Tooth and World War II cemetery
- Walk around city of Kandy
- Authentic Sri Lankan breakfast, lunch and tea
- All transfers including a train ride back to Colombo
Looking for a quick escape from the urban chaos that is Colombo? We’ve got the perfect getaway planned for you: an all-inclusive trip to Kandy, complete with guided tours, authentic Sri Lankan meals (breakfast, lunch and tea) and a train ride back into Colombo.
The trip includes guided tours of the Pinnawala Elephant orphanage, the biggest sanctuary for abandoned elephants in South-East Asia, the world famous Temple of the Tooth, home to the single most venerated relic in the Buddhist world, and the World War II cemetery where hundreds of brave souls who gave their lives for the Allies lay in eternal rest.
During this tour you will have the opportunity to visit several attractions and we have listed the entrance fee and activity costs below;
- Pinnawala Orphanage – USD 16
- Pinnawala Fruit Feeding – USD 2
- Pinnawala Milk Feeding – USD 3
- Pinnawala Elephant Bath (inside the orphanage) – USD 4
- Elephant Back Ride – USD 8
- Temple of the Tooth – USD 8
When – Every Saturday. Registration should be done before Thursday
Start and end point – Colombo Fort
Time – 6.00am – 8.00pm