Day Trip to Gampola
Gangasiripura presently known as Gampola is a city of scenic beauty surrounded by the central hills. Aside from its beautiful landscape it is also a very important a part of Sri Lankan history as the 6th capital of Sri Lanka (1314-1415 A.D.)
Even though the first King of Gampola kingdom is not very clear the majority evidence suggests that it was King Buvanekabahu IV, successor of Vijayabahu V who initially shifted the kingdom from Kurunegala to Gampola.
It was a kingdom of unique art, culture and heritage. Gadaladeni Temple, Lankatillake Temple and Embekke Dewala are few of the best conserved structures from the Gampola kingdom.
5.55am – Leave Colombo Fort Railway Station and arrive at Kandy Railway Station.
Visit Degaldoruwa Temple, Gadaladeni Temple, Lankatillake Temple and Embekke Dewala
Head back to Colombo in the evening train
What is included
- Return Train Tickets
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle within Kandy and Gampola
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Tea)
- Local government taxes applicable
- Entrance Tickets
What is not included
- Tips and gratuity
- Camera and video permits at cultural sites
- Expenses of personal nature
- Rates mentioned are subject to change/revision based on any changes made by the government.
- Management will not be responsible for any belongings that are lost or stolen or damaged during the tour.
Cancellation and Payment Policy
- Cancellations within 01 to 05 days of the trip date – 100% of the value of the booking
- 25% payment to be made upon confirmation and the balance to be paid 3 working days prior to trip date