Enjoy your summer holiday in sunny Sri Lanka. Spend 7 days exploring some of the most sought after heritage sites, the hill country and beautiful beaches.
|Day 1 & 2||Dambulla||Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
Dambulla Cave Temple
|Day 3||Kandy||Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
Temple of the Tooth
|Day 4 & 5||Bentota||Turtle Hatchery
Boat Ride (Madu River)
What is included:
- Accommodation at 3 star hotels mentioned on double sharing basis
- 5 breakfast meals
- All transfers in a chauffeur-driven car
- Local government taxes applicable
What is not included:
- Meals not stated above
- Air fare
- Entrance and activity fees
- Guide Fees
- Tips and gratitudes
- Visa fees
- Airport taxes
- Camera and video permits at cultural sites.
- Kandy Perehera Supplement – applicable during the Kandy Perehera days
- Hotels are subject to availability and the prices will vary according to availability. Therefore price is subject to change
- If the tour exceeds the given 850Km limit, every additional Km will be charged at Rs.45 per km
- All reservations are subject to standard check-in of 14 hrs and check-out time of 12hrs
- Rates mentioned are subject to change/revision based on any changes made by hotels and the government
- Management will not be responsible for any belongings that are lost or stolen or damaged during the tour
Cancelation and Payment Policy
- Cancellations within 01 to 08 days of the arrival date – 100% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations within 9 to 15 days of the arrival date – 50% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations within 16 to 28 days of the arrival date – 25% of the value of the booking
- Cancellations beyond 28 days of the arrival date – Fee of USD 50 will be withheld for the work carried out
- 25% payment to be made upon confirmation and the balance to be paid 10 working days prior to arrival
Day 1: Dambulla/Habarana
En route to the historic city of Dambulla, get up close and personal with the gentle giants at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, the largest in South-East Asia. Observe the daily routine of a vast number of elephants as they are fed and cared for throughout the day by experienced mahouts. Schedule your visit to coincide with the elephants’ bathing and feeding times and you and your family are guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience that you can cherish forever. (And yes, your kids are allowed to pet them).
Come lunch time, you can check into the hotel, and either enjoy the buffet there or head out for lunch someplace else, after which you can relax at the hotel premises and even ride an elephant while you’re at it.
In the evening, you and the family can visit the ancient Dambulla Rock Temple renowned for its mural paintings and Buddha statues and also happens to be one of the eight UNESCO world heritage sites in the country.
You may have dinner either at the hotel or outside, depending on your preference. Night stay at Dambulla.
Day 2: Dambulla/Habarana
After a quick breakfast at the hotel, you can spend the morning climbing the world famous Sigiriya rock fortress – yet another UNESCO heritage site, famous for its ancient frescoes as well as its extensive network of gardens, reservoirs and plumbing dating back to the 5th century AD. You will have a wonderful time exploring and climbing the winding stares all the way to the top while you take in the splendour of a bygone majesty.
You will be escorted back to the hotel in Dambulla where you are expected to spend the night.
Day 3: Kandy
After breakfast at the hotel, we check out and head straight to Kandy, the hill capital of Sri Lanka.
Day can be spent exploring the Temple of the Tooth (or Dalada Maligawa, as it is locally known), the single most sacred place of worship for followers of the Buddha – a sort of Vatican or Mecca for Buddhists the world over. It is said to be home to the Buddha’s tooth relic which is paraded around the city in August every year, in a glamourous and coloruful display of culture and tradition.
Later you can take a stroll around the world famous Kandy Lake and shop in and around the city premises to your heart’s content. Kandy is the place If you want to buy original, authentic Sri Lankan handicrafts and souvenirs.
The day will end with a magnificent traditional dance show at around 5pm.
Night stay at Kandy.
Day 4: Bentota
Before heading to Bentota, you may stop at the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, home to over 4000 species of exotic flora from various parts of the world and a true feast for the senses. The lush greenery provides a great backdrop for all your family photos and selfies.
Drive to Bentota, a beautiful coastal town in southern Sri Lanka, located on the southern bank of the Bentota River mouth. Among the attractions here are a picture-perfect beach that stretches for miles, a turtle hatchery and mangroves.
Have lunch at either the hotel or at any of the beach-front restaurants scattered across the area, after which you can check into the hotel.
You are here to relax, so hit the beach with the family and spend all day there, catching some rays or taking a dip.
Have dinner at the hotel or outside and get back to the hotel for your scheduled overnight stay.
Day 5: Bentota
Breakfast will be served at hotel. Then we make our way to the Bentota River for some serious water sporting action. Water-skiing, diving, windsurfing, wave boarding, banana-boating, speed boating, jet skiing… you name it, they’ve got it.
Then we check out the turtle hatchery, a sanctuary for many different species of endangered turtle, followed by a fun boat ride on the Madu River.
Have lunch at either the hotel or outside and spend the rest of the evening relaxing by the beach.
Dinner at either the hotel or outside. The night will be spent at the hotel in Bentota.
Day 6: Departure
All good things must come to an end, so after a memorable final breakfast at the hotel, you will be driven to the airport in time to catch your flight.
How to obtain Visa