Day Trip to Galle
Cost pp (Car – maximum 3 adults) – Rs.13,000
Cost pp (Van – maximum 6 adults) – Rs.14,500
If you are looking for a fusion of nature, culture, history art and shopping in one place, there could be no place other than Galle. A world within a world, it is no exaggeration to say that one almost walks into the days of the colonial domination of Ceylon at the Galle Dutch Fort. Food and shopping is abundantly available on the sides of the marble laden walkways. The beach is not to be missed, but if you want to see a perfect horizon, perhaps you may want to go that way in the morning or the evening.
The trip includes visits to The Galle Dutch Fort which is just a two hours ride from Colombo and then take a swim in the beach.
Places you visit
- The Galle Dutch Fort
- Maritime Archaeology Museum (Inside the fort)
- Galle Beach
Itinerary for the day
- Pick up from Colombo at 8.00am and drive to Galle (approximately 2 hours)
- Reach Galle and visit the Dutch Fort ( Take a walk along the streets)
- Visit the Maritime Archaeology Museum
Opening hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm
- Have lunch at a preferred restaurant which is close to the fort.
- After lunch , go for a swim in the beach.
- Drive back to Colombo (2 hours approximately) and on the way make a stop at the service area for a cup of tea if needed.
What is included
- English speaking driver/chauffeur
- Air conditioned vehicle with fuel
- Parking and highway charges
- Local taxes applicable
What is not included
- Meals / Refreshments
- Entrance Tickets / Activity tickets / Guide fee
- Tips and gratuity
- Camera and video permits at cultural sites